Monday, January 9, 2012

Magnificent Film Photography By Laina Briedis


Film Photography is a very creative type of photography. Today we have with us Laina Briedis. She has lived on Long Island most of her time, and for as long as she can remember she has been captivated with the concept, practice, and art of photography. You could say that she very often try to live vicariously though my pictures- each still frame is a dream she had once, an attempt to capture or at least encompass some aspect of infinity.


“I create photographs because I’ve come to the conclusion that all the best kinds of happiness depend upon it as far as my existence goes. I want to remember everything the way it was meant to be seen, and catalog not only an experience or an adventure, but the feelings associated with it and the dream-like state our memories record in. I strive to make each one of my photographs not only provoke a memory within myself, but an emotion- something that can bound across the invisible gaps that separate us from one another, creating a connection with someone else who’s able to reach out and grab it.”





Source of the Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment